Helium Tanks For Sale
The family of a teenager who died from inhaling helium at a party have said their daughter only used it because of 'peer pressure.'
Ashley Long, 14, died from after suffering an embolism from the pressurized tank depriving her brain of oxygen.
The craze of inhaling helium is a party trick spreading across the U.S, with users getting a comical high-pitched voice after inhalation, although it does not hold any 'high' effect.
But the teen's tragic death in what her friends thought was light-heartened fun, exposes the dangers of inhaling or 'huffing' helium, especially from a pressurized tank.
Ms Long had told her parents she was going to a slumber party last Saturday, but she actually went to a condo in Medford, Oregon, where police say the older sister of one of her friends was throwing a party with alcohol and marijuana